VPS on the cheap

chad at planetmayfield.com chad at planetmayfield.com
Fri Apr 25 12:05:41 MDT 2008

I do not want to hijack the thread but I have had this question that
goes along well with the topic of a cheap VPS.

I was on a VPS awhile ago from a shared hosting account, but decided
against it since it seemed to not be economical for me at the time.
Now I just host my own server (no VM), it saves me the hassle of
having to deal with other people.  Lately I have been thinking of
running a VPS on my server with Xen.  However, I know nothing it so I
have started to read.  It seems straight forward but the one thing
that I want is a nice Web Based VPS management like providers such as http://www.linode.com/
  have (yes I know it is written in house).  I want to be able to
manage my OSes, Space, etc., via the Web.

With that in mind does anyone know of the best open source VPS web
management solution?  I have found several via google such as, Dupe (http://www.darkspace.org.uk/drupal/?q=dupe
) and Enomalism (http://www.enomalism.com/home/) but I don't know
which one is the best.  Any opinions or suggestions?

---
Chad R Mayfield
chad at planetmayfield.com
GPG Key: 0C9A026F