64 bit Linux, flash, and firefox ETA?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Apr 23 12:18:12 MDT 2008

Matthew Frederico wrote:
> I have also read (but not confirmed) that the flash stability issues can be
> resolved by using the 32 bit firefox, and removing nspluginwrapper
> completely, then reinstalling the flash plugin from the .tgz in your user's
> FF plugin directory.

My main desktop is 64 bit and I use 64 bit Firefox, nspluginwrapper,
Flash, and Flashblock, but Flash still freezes occasionally.  So I also
installed a 32 bit version of Seamonkey so that my kids can get on and
play Flash games at pbskids.org without any problems.  Seamonkey relies
on a different preferences directory, eliminating the chance of mixing
preferences between Seamonkey and Firefox.

Shane