Pulseaudio ftl!

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Wed Apr 23 09:06:41 MDT 2008

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 09:25 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> I'm a bit surprised at your cynicism regarding the tremendous benefit of
>> pulseaudio, and the amazing amount of possible things that can be done
>> with it.
>
> I am too. Reading the blog of one of the primary PulseAudio developers,
> it's obvious he has a deep knowledge of audio and Linux internals and a
> visionary but realistic plan for PulseAudio.
>
> Personally, I have zero complaints. I'm just glad not to be using esd
> anymore.

I'm beginning to soften to pulseaudio. After some conversations with
people using it, which mostly consist of me grilling them on details
they don't know or care about, I'm beginning to see it may not be what I
thought it was.

I'm too busy at the moment to really research it, but I intend to do so
in a couple of weeks and blog on it. If it's the default in Ubuntu 8.04
I'll get some hands-on experience soon too.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

     -- Johann Sebastian Bach