Setting up Rails for Virtual Hosting?

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Tue Apr 22 16:03:50 MDT 2008

Those instructions are quite old.  I would not recommend using
lighttpd.  Until recently, the setup of choice was to use some kind of
software-based load balancer (such as mod_proxy_balancer) in front of
a few mongrel instances, but now there is an easier way.  There is a
new apache module called passenger that is very easy to set up:

http://www.modrails.com/