Sprint vs Verizon vs ???

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Tue Apr 22 14:34:31 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 08:50 -0600, Jake Pollmann wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Brad Midgley <bmidgley at xmission.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >  just a followup... my verizon contract did end and I went with at&t and the
> > tilt. It's disappointing to have to use windows mobile to get a phone that
> > does what I want, but it's closer to ideal than the last phone was.
> >
> >  http://chockerblockablog.blogspot.com/2008/03/at-tilt.html
> <SNIP>
> My only disappointment with the Tilt is the absence of hardware
> accelerated graphics.  It's a little more sluggish than it's
> predecessor (the AT&T 8525 / HTC Hermes), but the integrated GPS
> outweighs that flaw.

I used the AT&T 8525 for a while.  I didn't like it.  Windows Mobile was
painful.  It seemed every simple action took several clicks/button
presses.

My replacement phone, Sprint BlackBerry 8820, is really good.  It has
WiFi, GPS, and DUN support.  Plus it runs the BlackBerry OS which, IMHO,
is awesome.  Tons of shortcut keys.  Super easy to use keyboard,
third-party software, etc.

The AT&T edition costs more for DUN, and doesn't do 3G, but is
acceptable.  The Verizon edition doesn't do WiFi, IIRC.

This is my phone of choice until the iPhone gets 3G and 3rd party
software.

--lonnie