64 bit Linux, flash, and firefox ETA?

Nathan Blackham kemotaha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:59:42 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:35 -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Andrew McNabb <amcnabb at mcnabbs.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 03:20:28PM -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
> >  > and because Adobe has provided a decent Linux version of Flash player,
> >
> >  Ha!
>
> Sheesh.  I'm detecting that I'm in the minority of persons having an
> acceptable experience with Flash.  I don't have anything to complain
> about beyond flash ads being annoying.  What is it about Flash on FF +
> Linux that is any different than say Flash on IE6 + XP?
>
> I'm running Flash Player 9 32-bit on Ubunty 7.10.  Works great 99.9%
> of the time.

There is the key right there.  32-bit.  Many of those who have
annoyances with flash run 64bit.  For me for example.  Flash will dies
either on some pages, i.e. the new dilbert.com, or after a certain
amount of time, so if I leave my browser up for a while trying to
maintain some information that I have up and then try to go to a flash
site.  suddenly flash is dead.  and it doesn't just affect new pages.
It affects anything that was flash that was previously open.

Nathan