64 bit Linux, flash, and firefox ETA?

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Mon Apr 21 22:41:59 MDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 5:55 PM, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:05 -0600, Andrew McNabb wrote:
>> I've had Flash break audio playback, freeze web browsers, and make me
>> want to poke my eyes out.  The only thing Flash is good for is
>> homestarrrunner and YouTube.  And it seems like there should be
>> something better.
>
> Google Video.
> The Pretender & Bones on Hulu.com
> Chuck & Heroes on NBC.com
>
> I wish I could mention ABC and FOX, but their streaming only works
> with
> The OS That Shall Not Be Named. If there were pure Flash instead...

Silly Stuart.  :)  ABC and FOX's streaming works in OS X and Windows,
just not in Linux.  There is actually a really good reason for that.
Have you ever considered how hit and miss it is to write any sort of
consumer application for Linux that requires advanced graphics.  It is
a NIGHTMARE.  This is one place where the diversity of Linux REALLY
works against it.  OS X is easy, and Windows is fairly easy by
comparison.

Grant