64 bit Linux, flash, and firefox ETA?

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Mon Apr 21 16:24:28 MDT 2008

>>> Microsoft and Adobe aren't not programs, so they are neither
>>> open-source nor closed-source.
>>
>> Cows are not ducks and therefore do not quack.
>
> This is also true, but doesn't contradict anything I said.  My
> statement (at least if you ignore the typo) refutes your statement
> that Microsoft is closed-source.  C'mon now; are you arguing me
> because you hate Microsoft or because you really don't think
> Silverlight will be a potentially reasonable alternative in the
> future?  If the latter, you might try making some substantive points
> in your argument's favor.

I replied with the cow/duck comment because I couldn't believe you
thought (or at least implied that you thought) that I was referring to
corporations as closed or open-source instead of their products and/or
attitudes towards software licensing.

In regards to Silverlight, I do not have any evidence for or against
besides Microsoft's track record. I trust Adobe much more than I trust
Microsoft and Novell.