64 bit Linux, flash, and firefox ETA?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:44:41 MDT 2008

Bryan Sant wrote:
> Sheesh.  I'm detecting that I'm in the minority of persons having an
> acceptable experience with Flash.  I don't have anything to complain
> about beyond flash ads being annoying.  What is it about Flash on FF +
> Linux that is any different than say Flash on IE6 + XP?

You're not alone.   I also have an acceptable experience with Flash 9 on
Linux.  Lots of annoying ads that animate and take up my bandwidth.
It's great!  It's like the old days of animated GIFs.  Only now they are
complete little ad segments to make my browsing experience just like TV!
 Totally awesome.  Love the shiny things.

> I'm running Flash Player 9 32-bit on Ubunty 7.10.  Works great 99.9%
> of the time.

The ads are indeed quite reliable nowadays, which, other than youtube
and homestarrunner.com are the only things I see done with flash on a
regular basis.