Video Surveillance With Linux?

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Mon Apr 21 14:43:16 MDT 2008

My company, Confreaks, using high-end remote control Sony surveillance
cameras when we record conferences.  They have a great zoom level and
good low light support, but they are not cheap:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/302318-REG/Sony_EVID70_EVI_D70_1_4_CCD_Color.html

The main reason we use these is that their servos allow for a lot
smoother movements than most surveillance cameras and their zoom is
really good, but they may not be right for you.

Carl