backing up windows files to linux host

Greg Warner gdwarner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:15:26 MDT 2008

I have a dreamhost account that has 500gb+ of space to which I'd like to
backup the contents of my "My Documents" folder on a windows machine.

Currently, I'm using the scripting features of WinSCP to do it.  It works
well, but the connection drops randomly at times (usually in the middle of a
large file), it makes no attempt to automatically reconnect, and when I
reconnect manually it doesn't really pick up where it left off.  (I'm not
sure if it will ever go back and finish the file).

I've also read of cwRsync as being a viable option.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Greg