Flame Wars As Evidence of Immaturity.

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Sat Apr 19 16:27:04 MDT 2008

Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> writes:
> Flame wars incite in me only pity and disgust, if anything at
> all. They have never amused me. Those who engage in them do but show
> their immaturity.

Who's casting barbs now?

Any community, and especially one with people who are passionate about
things, will end up with vehement disagreements.  Frequent and extreme
engagement in disagreements is probably a sign of immaturity, but
avoiding them at all costs may be as well.  Lobbing character
aspersions from the sidelines doesn't seem particularly mature,
though.

                --Levi