(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Nathan Gilbert nathan.gilbert at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 12:20:20 MDT 2008

A very good thread, many thanks to everyone!

This may be of interest to people looking for solutions. An episode of
Frontline comparing 6 capitalist countries and their health-care
systems. You can watch the full video online:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/

Mister E wrote:
> So first you're wrong, then I'm wrong. Sounds like a never ending cycle
> of wrongness.  But the last point sounds like darwinism to me... a
> misused theology.

It was tempting bait, but I really don't want to delve into a discussion
of Evolution, even though it may be the quickest route to Godwin's law
being invoked on this thread. :)

> but health care and education are NOT a basic right.

They are in the society I want to live in. Granted, it will be tricky to
reconcile both entities with our idea of liberty, but if any nation can
do it we can.

> principles that I base my comments on are set forth in the Constitution,
> not in modern day interpretation as a some living document subject to
> the whims of mankind nor the good intentions of over zealous people to
> be considered advanced or progressive thinkers.

Why did the founders give us the power to change the constitution then?
I think this is one of the document's most important features.

Nathan Gilbert