(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Sat Apr 19 04:54:52 MDT 2008

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 23:41 -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
>> Although even with all the strong feelings and many different sides of
>> this discussion, I think that as we continue to see other
>> perspectives, as shared by each other, that we can broaden our own
>> perspectives.
>
> There's a difference between appeasement and being broad minded.
> Sometimes the most appropriate reaction is a strong one.
>
> I do not hide the fact that I am passionate. I do not mind it when
> people oppose me just as passionately. In fact, I respect them. I admit
> I don't like it when someone proves me wrong, but that's only natural.
>
> Mr. Ed's behavior is different. It is condescending. His was not a plea
> for open mindedness, it was an opportunity to show this "young feller"
> and everyone else how much wiser he is. I find his behavior insulting
> and I won't put up with it.

You will never hear me plea for open-mindedness.  That is something no
one should ask for. It is "earned" or granted from others. It's also
dependent upon the maturity and insight of the other person(s) involved
and they alone can grant such things. But when petitioned outright, that
plea lands mostly upon deaf and/or indifferent ears.  So I do not invoke
any invitations, as the recipient will deem what will be granted and
what will not, on their own terms.

I think this is about the fact that you are used to being the bully on
the mailing list, demanding folks do as you will, as on many occasions
in the past, and the resulting dislike of that position being
challenged, especially by someone you deem lower than yourself.

Luckily, for everyone, I don't chime in very often :)

So push and flame away. But don't expect a passive reception every time
you push it this way ... you big mean ol bully you.

Mister Ed
ps - don't be insulted. Just stop whining and get back in the saddle.
yer not hurt.