(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sat Apr 19 00:07:05 MDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 23:41 -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> Although even with all the strong feelings and many different sides of
> this discussion, I think that as we continue to see other
> perspectives, as shared by each other, that we can broaden our own
> perspectives.

There's a difference between appeasement and being broad minded.
Sometimes the most appropriate reaction is a strong one.

I do not hide the fact that I am passionate. I do not mind it when
people oppose me just as passionately. In fact, I respect them. I admit
I don't like it when someone proves me wrong, but that's only natural.

Mr. Ed's behavior is different. It is condescending. His was not a plea
for open mindedness, it was an opportunity to show this "young feller"
and everyone else how much wiser he is. I find his behavior insulting
and I won't put up with it.