(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Fri Apr 18 23:41:44 MDT 2008

On 18 Apr 2008, at 23:07, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 21:58 -0600, Mister E wrote:
>> ps - taking offense is just a way to attempt control over others,
>> and is
>> sometimes used in conjunction with political correctness tactics.  So
>> basically it only works on weak-minded individuals and/or those
>> that are
>> misinformed.
>
> sanctimonious: (adj) holier-than-thou, pietistic, pietistical,
> pharisaic, pharisaical, sanctimonious, self-righteous (excessively or
> hypocritically pious) "a sickening sanctimonious smile"
>
> -- http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=sanctimonious

Wow, I think we are down to taking word jabs at each other.  =)
Although even with all the strong feelings and many different sides of
this discussion, I think that as we continue to see other
perspectives, as shared by each other, that we can broaden our own
perspectives.  In the end, I think that no matter what our current
perspectives (read: paradigms, points of view, etc) I think we all
really just want the same things, freedom to be who we are and the
ability to help others.  I think this discussion has brought out a lot
of wonderful information and insight from all who have participated
thus far.  If we can all take what we have read here and use it not as
good or bad but as information for us to learn from, I think we will
continue growing and becoming better people together.