(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Fri Apr 18 21:58:59 MDT 2008

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 12:56 -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
>> Let me fist sincerly apologize for pursuing a discipline that
>> maximizes the earning potential for me and my family.  I agree that
>> people who work hard, study, apply themselves and are ultimately
>> rewarded by our evil, greed-driven, capitalist system are despicable
>> dogs and should have all that they've worked hard for stripped away
>> from them (by force if necessary), and distributed to Liberal Arts
>> majors and no-ambition professional welfare recipients (but I repeat
>> myself) nation wide.
>
> I should point out that I've always been an Independent with
> Conservative tendencies. And ever since reading Ayn Rand I've been
> drifting toward Libertarian. (I mention this because your arguments
> sound like echoes of hers.) Just ask my coworkers. I'm even offended by
> HOAs.
<snip>
> Some things are simply our responsibility as human beings. Free basic
> education is not only a basic human right, but essential to the well
> being of our society. Basic health care is the same. As is water at a
> reasonable price, and the right to travel anywhere in the nation without
> prior government approval. Not merely for the good of the individual,
> but for the strength and adaptability of society.

Neither free basic education nor basic health care are basic human
rights. A huge misconception as of the last few decades and usually more
common among younger folks.  But the pursuit thereof is a basic right.
Don't drink the misconception kool-aid.  Just because something feels
good or makes some folks happy to offer as a collective, does not make
the results/services/products a basic human right.  You are a smart
feller, but a pretense to independence you have not.  Independent or
not, you are still just a sheep, like the rest of us, on one path or
another... or as I say (based on a poster I saw): you are individually
unique, just like everyone else.

Mister Ed
ps - taking offense is just a way to attempt control over others, and is
sometimes used in conjunction with political correctness tactics.  So
basically it only works on weak-minded individuals and/or those that are
misinformed.