Ubuntu and Rockbox

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Apr 17 13:38:52 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 13:00 -0600, Russel Caldwell wrote:
> the mount icon appeared with Rockbox running. My basic question is why
> didn't Ubuntu show the mount icon the first time when Rockbox was running
> and what can I do to have Ubuntu mount the device properly while Rockbox is
> running without it being a hit and miss proposition?

That sounds kinda like the issue that I have with my Sansa + Rockbox. I
can not get it to mount when booted to Rockbox, only to the default
firmware. So what I have to do is power off the Sansa before plugging it
in. For some reason in that situation it'll boot to the old firmware and
just work. It's annoying, but not so much that I've bothered to find a
solution to it.

Corey