(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:47:45 MDT 2008

Bryan Sant wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
>>  Yeah, the American healthcare system is so much better than Canada and
>>  western Europe.
>
> Probably not the best example to trot out in defense of governmental competence.
>
> America's healthcare system (as flawed as it is) *is* so much better
> than Canada and western Europe (despite what Michael Moore would have
> you believe).  Personally, I think you get more mileage out of the
> public transportation comparison.

Having experienced both the US and Canadian systems, I cannot make the
same assertion as you.  And I am not talking from the POV of a
missionary either.

> 'There isn't enough money in the U.S. to pay for free, wait-free
> top-quality universal health care. The law of supply and demand can no
> more be repealed than the law that all documentary films must be
> left-wing.

I'll not touch the left-wing/right-wing stuff.  But as for money, you
are correct.  But this is not an economic issue.  It's a political one.
 The moment you drag Michael Moore (and not our own Michael Moore) into
this as a way of supporting your own opinion, we know for sure it's
political.

Seems to me the UTOPIA issue is also mostly political and not
economical, ultimately.