(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Thu Apr 17 10:19:17 MDT 2008

Greg Hill wrote:
> What we're all forgetting here is that our government gave billions to
> the telecom industries to build a nationwide fiber network, which they
> completely failed to deliver.  We've been paying for it for nearly 2
> decades with nothing to show for it.  At least UTOPIA actually
> delivered, even though they're behind schedule.  I wish I lived where
> UTOPIA existed, and I'd gladly double my property taxes to get it.
> DSL and Cable are a joke.

I think this post shows the most important part of the debate.  This is
a city wide issue.  If you live in a city that is thinking about
adopting UTOPIA, then fight it there.  Quit telling your state
representative to stop others from having UTOPIA.  I don't understand
why I should haven't the choice to live in a UTOPIA city just because
you don't want to.

Kyle