[OT] Promoting a Geek-Friendly Work Culture

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Apr 15 14:41:26 MDT 2008

Not long ago, Wade Preston Shearer proclaimed...
> It isn't so much darkness that I prefer as much as ambient lighting. I
> hate overhead lights… especially florescence. I prefer my light coming
> from the side instead of from above.

I second this motion that Levi is a freak. ;-)

There's a reason they call my office "the cave." I have no windows, just a
25 watt incadescent light in one of those torch light fixtures that points
at the ceiling. I also have a small touch lamp on my desk for when I need
to read something with more light. Usually, it's off or on its lowest
setting.

I also dislike flourescent lights. Something about them seems to suck the
life out of everything.

I like it this way because I find I am naturally most productive between
the hours of 11:00 pm and 3 a.m. To be productive during normal business
hours, I have to do something to trick my brain into thinking it might be
1 a.m.  :)

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Give me coins and I will enjoy you."