[OT] Promoting a Geek-Friendly Work Culture

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Apr 15 14:33:56 MDT 2008

"Ryan Simpkins" <plug at ryansimpkins.com> writes:

> - Lighting. Turn them off, dim them, add some mood lighting. Give them desk
> lamps to use on the rare occasion they need to read something on paper, or
> finally crack that tech book collecting dust on the shelf.

What is it with the poor lighting thing?  Am I the only one who gets
strained eyes when staring at a bright monitor in a dark room?  Maybe
I'm a freak of nature, but my eyes prefer a fairly constant brightness
in my field of view.  Keeps the pupils from having to change their
dialation and all that.  But I suspect it's you dark-lovers who have
erroneously convinced yourself that a dark background is a good idea.

                --Levi