(UTOPIA) Tax Alert : Stop 150% tax pledge increase

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Tue Apr 15 12:41:18 MDT 2008

    The thing that bothers me most is that UTOPIA is a city by city
project.  So far the cities have not had to pay any money for
UTOPIA(except some they were forced to put in an account due to lobbying
from the Utah Tax Payers Association).  If UTOPIA does run into problems
the pledging cities are the ones that have to pay.  Not UTAH!!! So it
upsets me that these guys then go to the state to try and stop cities
from choosing weather it is worth the risk.  I bought a house in Murray
just so I would have UTOPIA.  I chose to take the risk of paying taxes
for it(and perfectly willing to do so), I want the state to stay out of
my cities business.
    Just so you all know I heard the vice-president of the Utah Tax
Payers Association say that you can get similar speed and services from
Qwest for a competive price.

Kyle