Home Router Recommendations?

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Tue Apr 15 11:44:38 MDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Mike Lovell wrote:
<snip>
> While the soekris option is awesome, it is a little pricey. There is
> another board that is about half the price but it is still over
> $100. It is the PC Engines ALIX board. (http://pcengines.ch/
> alix2.htm). I bought one for myself from mini-box.com and it cost me
> ~130 for the board, like 20 for power supply and case, and 10 for a
> cf card. I am putting linux on it but pfSense is a great option. So
> it is about 160 total. A soekris option will probably be over 200
> for just the board.

Soekris has several different boards.  I was just on their site before
I sent the message, and you can get boards (no case) for as little as
$130.  You can get boards and a case for starting around $150 or
$160.  Power supplies are $16, and then you just need a CF card.  I'm
sure there are other options, and ones that are cheaper.  I haven't
used the others, so I can't speak to their quality or reliability.

Grant