Please rate my scripts.

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:47:23 MDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
>  The target audience is system administrators, possibly with no previous
>  programming experience. I want the scripts to use the same algorithm as
>  the shell script, be readable by a newbie, but also capture the flavor
>  of each language. Because I consider myself a jack of all languages,
>  master of none, I'd appreciate if you took a moment to check my
>  translation to your favorite language and let me know if I've done
>  anything offensive.

While the perl script isn't very perlish (but, it is, sort of) it
certainly gets the job done and cleanly too.  It could certainly be
rewritten more idiomatically.  But that would violate your newbie
restriction.

My only comment is that you don't need the $argc construct.   You
could do this instead:

if( ( @ARGV == 0) || ((@ARGV == 1) && ! -f $ARGV[0]) ) {
--
Alan