[OT] Promoting a Geek-Friendly Work Culture

Lars Rasmussen lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:17:12 MDT 2008

Does anyone have suggestions for promoting a geek culture at their workplace?

Please assume a high-level of productivity/good work ethic already exists.
I know geek culture can mean lots of things, but here are some
examples(could be 'team building' activities):

-going to the movies to see sci-fi/comic book/fantasy movies during
the workday/extended lunch
-playing board games in a conference room(Killer Bunnies, Munchkin,
Power Grid, etc..)
-cube wars to bleed off stress(we throw foam balls at each other)
-media server(I'm curious as to how this is implemented at various
organizations)

--
Lars