find | while read

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sat Apr 12 23:38:24 MDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 11:43 -0600, Byron Clark wrote:
> Yep, changing IFS gives a very simple solution:

Have you written many scripts that modify $IFS? Because I don't yet
fully understand the effects of changing it, I tend to fear it. Instinct
tells me that modifying $IFS in anything other than trivial scripts is
just asking for trouble, but maybe that isn't true if you know how to
manage the consequences.

I guess what I'm asking is: Are you familiar with the side effects of
changing $IFS, and can you give advice on how to control them?