PLUG.org Needs New Home ASAP

Erich Pletsch erich at tierfour.com
Sat Apr 12 16:32:39 MDT 2008

Ryan,

We have a home for your server.

Erich

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org] On Behalf Of
Clint Savage
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:26 PM
To: plug at ryansimpkins.com; Provo Linux Users Group Mailing List
Subject: Re: PLUG.org Needs New Home ASAP

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com>
wrote:

> United Online has been hosting plug.org for quite a while. We
appreciate
> their
>  support to our group. However, now we need to find a home for the
server.
> I've not physically seen it, maybe Jason can post a pic. It has been
> described
> as a 2u box.
>
> We need someone to step forward and offer hosting for this box, as
well as
> very occasional ligh-duty help keeping it going (occasional reboot,
etc).
> We
> need to find a home by the end of the month. If a home hasn't been
found
> then
> plug.org will be going away for a while until we can find a suitable
> location.
>
> It would be prefered if we could host this in a datacenter-like
location,
> not
> in a home or someone's closet. However, we will take what we can get.
>
> Please contact me off-list if you can provide some help here.
>
> -Ryan
>
> Ryan,

I bet if you asked nicely, TierFour.com would be willing to host it.
Erich
is a great guy and is hosting one of UTOS' servers right now.
Our machine is a full tower as well.  Quite nice of them if you ask me.

Let me know if you want, and I'll contact Erich and see if anything can
be
worked out.

Cheers,

Clint