Video camera support?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Apr 12 16:08:35 MDT 2008

Just for the halibut, I bought a video camera. Skype picks it up and
runs it just fine. However, that seems to be the only application that
does. Camorama can't seem to run it. Am I missing a driver and if so
which one?

Thanks

root at dragon:/dev# lsusb
Bus 004 Device 011: ID 04fc:522b Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd
root at dragon:/dev# camorama -D

VIDIOCGCAP
device name = USB2.0 2M WebCam
device type = 1
can use mmap()
# of channels = 1
# of audio devices = 0
max width = 1600
max height = 1200
min width = 48
min height = 32

VIDIOCGWIN
x = 0
y = 0
width = 800
height = 600
chromakey = 0
flags = 0

VIDIOCGWIN
x = 0
y = 0
width = 800
height = 600
chromakey = 0
flags = 0

VIDIOCGPICT:
bright = 32896
hue = 32768
colour = 8224
contrast = 8224
whiteness = 10923
colour depth = 0
VIDIOCGMBF  --  could not set buffer info, exiting...