Wireless Access Point and Router Suggestions

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Fri Apr 11 16:16:41 MDT 2008

Pluggers,

I used to be the proud owner of a Linksys WRT54G until I let my neighbor
borrow it. It hitched a ride to Nevada in my neighbor's moving truck
(d'oh!). It was a great WAP, switch, and router. I miss it like an old
friend.

Now I'm in the market for a new WAP/switch/router, but not necessarily a
WRT54G again. My requirements are pretty simple:

   1. Awesome range (I have an old house with plaster walls)
   2. 4-port switch (or more)
   3. Under $100 (preferably under $60).
   4. Hackable OS (optional)
   5. GigE switch (optional)

I've read many semi-recent threads on the matter in this and other
forums, but I wanted to get everyone's most up-to-date opinions.

--Dave