MythTV for iPhone

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:00:04 MDT 2008

Chris Carey wrote:
> You can grab the first released version now - v0.01
> http://chriscarey.com/projects/mythtv/iphone/

Took an initial look and it does appear promising.

The stock mythtv web client has a little perl script that rewrites (with
mod-rewrite) calls when requesting the flv file so that they are
transcoded on the fly.  This would probably work pretty well for this
app.  My only complaint with the transcoding script is that it needs a
way of caching the flv (or in this case the mp4) file, rather than
transcoding it every time it is viewed.  Also if multiple people want to
watch the same file, it should be smart enough somehow send the client
the same cached copy.  Of course there are other issues here, like
streaming a partially transcoded file, etc.

Anyway, I may modify the mythweb transcoder script to work here.