[OT] Headphones Recommendation for a Noisy Cubicle?

Lars Rasmussen lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:34:43 MDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Levi Pearson <levi at cold.org> wrote:
>  I haven't had a lot of experience with closed-back headphones, but my
>  office provided AKG 271 Studio headphones to all of us to help with
>  noise issues in our space.  They've got great sound isolation,
>  excellent sound quality, and best of all, I didn't have to pay for
>  them.  I did buy a pair for my brother for Christmas, though, and he
>  loves them.

Levi, I just received my AKG K 271 Studio
headphones(http://www.dansdata.com/k271.htm - $162 from Amazon after
S/H) and am _very_ pleased with the first few tests & comfort.  I am
hearing subtleties(like fingers moving on guitar strings) I didn't
previously hear or notice.  The headphones are lightweight for their
size, and big enough to cover/fit around my large ears.  The passive
isolation is good enough to muffle surrounding conversations, and to
put me in my own little world when the music is playing.  I'm grateful
I heeded your recommendation.

Con: Now I'm going to have to be more discerning regarding the audio
track quality in my media library.

Thank you all!
--
Lars