Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at
Thu Apr 10 07:23:51 MDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 04:32:52PM -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
> Google has written and extensively uses the following Java libs:
> GWT -
> Guice -
> Hadoop -
> Google Collections -
> etc.
> etc.

Google has nothing to do with Hadoop.  That's an Apache project which is
heavily supported by Yahoo.

> No doubt Google uses a boat load of python too -- probably more in
> relation to Java.  But I wouldn't say that Google doesn't use Java
> much.

I agree with you.  From what I understand, Google uses Python, C++, and
Java.  All of them are used heavily.

Andrew McNabb