Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Joshua Fenio std3rr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:37:48 MDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you misunderstand the word, "intriguing?"  I was making a very
> veiled jab at Java (and maybe PHP) here, folks.  Not that Google uses
> Java much or would use it for GAPE, but that python is now going to be
> pushed to the forefront of a lot of web application development.  I was
> pretty sure my posting history would give me away.  I'm an anti-Java,
> pro-python bigot, and now I've been totally justified!

I'm pro-Python, too, but I'm not going to start spreading propaganda.
Google uses Java extensively.  Java, Python, and C++ are the three
"official" languages at Google; meaning that anything an employee wants to
deploy to production server must be written in one of those three
languages.  I don't really like Java, but Google _does_ use it.  Let's
straight talk here.

--
-
http://stderr.ws/