Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at
Wed Apr 9 04:31:20 MDT 2008

On 4/8/08, Dave Smith <dave at> wrote:
> Jason Hall wrote:
> > They already use it (python) as their main platform
> >
>  Define "main". I understand they also make very heavy use of Java.

I have heard Googlers who would not wish to be identified say that
"most" of their properties are in Python now, so make of that what you
will.  The only app I know for sure is Python is Groups; you used to
see .py in some urls there but I think they cleaned that up. claims gmail and maps are
also Python.