Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at utahpython.org
Wed Apr 9 04:21:11 MDT 2008

On 4/8/08, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm merely expressing how interesting it is that python is the choice
>  for a system designed to scale up to enormous sizes.

There's nothing magical about Python for scalability.  The
architecture (strictly enforced shared nothing) is what is important
there.  I'm sure Google uses Python for its speed of development and
maintainability.

Of course, some people think that there _is_ something magical about
Java for scalability and everything else is a toy, and if what you
meant that it's great to see Google debunk that completely in a single
evening, then I agree completely. :)

-Jonathan