Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:06:15 MDT 2008

Joshua Fenio wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I find Google's choice of language for this system very intriguing!
>>

> Why?  Google is known to use Python extensively, and has a good amount of
> the best Python hackers available employed for them.  Including Guido.

Perhaps you misunderstand the word, "intriguing?"  I was making a very
veiled jab at Java (and maybe PHP) here, folks.  Not that Google uses
Java much or would use it for GAPE, but that python is now going to be
pushed to the forefront of a lot of web application development.  I was
pretty sure my posting history would give me away.  I'm an anti-Java,
pro-python bigot, and now I've been totally justified!