Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:02:17 MDT 2008

Jason Hall wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I find Google's choice of language for this system very intriguing!
>
> Actually I dont'.  They already use it as their main platform, and they have
> most of the best of the python community.  Much of what they have here is
> based on some of their own tools, and usage.  So I would say it was a
> natural choice for the initial language. :)

You're misreading my statement.  I'm not questioning their choice, nor
expressing my surprise at it (I am well aware of Google's history and
use of python).  Obviously they have lots of python expertise.

I'm merely expressing how interesting it is that python is the choice
for a system designed to scale up to enormous sizes.

I'm very excited about this.  Not many hosting providers support python
in any way, kind of dampening enthusiasm for using django and python.
This will totally fix that I think.