PHP optimization

joecr at linuxmail.org joecr at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 8 16:35:49 MDT 2008


I've got a PHP script that I use at work all them time.  I know the FrontPage Server Extensions are evil incarnate, but I have to support them.  cPanel can't seem to make a cleanup script that actually works so I wrote my own with some help from someone who knows bash & almost nothing about PHP.  I know very little about either.

The problem is that when you run the script on an account with lots of domains with the FrontPage Server Extensions installed on them it can cause major problems.  I'm willing to rewrite it into just PHP, Perl, or python as those all work on our servers.  The most important parts are renaming the .htaccess files, deleting the _folders from the FrontPage Server Extensions, & fixing the folder permissions.  The last one as best as I can tell is being caused by the normal PEBKAC issue.

You can see the code at the following URL.

http://www.v2joecr.com/frontpage-cleanup.v3.1.txt



More information about the PLUG mailing list