Google App Engine at the Utah Python User's Group on Thursday

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at
Tue Apr 8 13:30:44 MDT 2008

Hi all,

Last night, Google announced their App Engine
(, which allows creating web
applications that access Google's BigTable technology and invisibly
scales across as many servers as necessary to handle load.

Here is a short summary of why App Engine is exciting:

And a long one:

This is huge news, so we've cancelled our planned meeting and asked
Seth House, one of our django experts, to demonstrate how to get
started with App Engine.

We'll be meeting at 7:00 at the University of Utah, Emma Eccles Jones
Medical Research Building, Room 1200, Thursday the 10th.  Maps on