Fwd: Can you recommend someone for this job: Software Development Manager at Perfect Search Corp
jesse at thestays.org
Tue Apr 8 12:49:31 MDT 2008
This is for my Uncle's company, Perfect Search. Tim is the founder of
Freeservers.com that was sold to About.com back in the day (and is now
UnitedOnline). I'm biased, but he's a great person to work for!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Stay <timstay at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:40 AM
Subject: Can you recommend someone for this job: Software Development
Manager at Perfect Search Corp
To: Jesse Stay <jesse at thestays.org>
If you have a moment, I'd appreciate your help. Please take a look and
forward this job on to anyone you think would be interested in the position,
or anyone else who could help me find a great candidate.
Thanks for your help!
timstay at gmail.com
Company: Perfect Search Corp
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Description: Are you eager to work for an innovative software development
company? The Perfect Search Corporation is looking for a motivated and
experienced Development Manager to lead a team of talented and experienced
software engineers. The Development Manager's role is to plan, coordinate,
and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and
implementation of our revolutionary search products and applications. This
individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills,
and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues
related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical
information and software systems.
Brief List of Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be to lead a team of software engineers and
fulfill the duties of a project manager as outlined below
- Will be relied upon to provide recommendations and guidance to upper
management, and therefore must be technologically aware and grounded in
modern day computer software and hardware
- Will work directly with the CEO and Marketing personnel to
understand/investigate strategic opportunities.
- Will investigate and identify any and all avenues of technical innovation
his development team can pursue relating to search and pattern matching
- Collaborate with Chief Scientist in the development and implementation of
- Will oversee evaluation and purchasing of hardware and software tools
needed by Perfect Search's personnel in performance of their various duties.
- Will identify and resolve personnel problems for the ensured success of
- Must have strong communication skills to ensure clear and effective
communication with the CEO, with Marketing personnel, and with clients about
issues of significance relating to Perfect Search or otherwise.
- Will need to be available, in addition to normal working hours, during
normal off-hours as needed to respond to the technical needs of Perfect
Project Management Duties
The Development Manager will be responsible for implementing project
management, software development methodology processes, procedures and
tools, including software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and change
- Will oversee multiple IT-related projects, from initial project concept
and requirements definition, through production deployment and rollout.
- Develops plans and strategies for prioritizing the project portfolio,
developing project plans, tracking and reporting progress status, and
ensuring that all projects adhere to established project implementation
processes and procedures.
- Continuously improve project management and system development processes
- Will direct Quality Assurance teams to oversee that Perfect Search
software products conform to expected reliability, usability, and
- Create software release plans. This includes facilitation of scope
definition, estimates, resource requirements and delivery management
- Manage an iterative and incremental software development life cycle
- Develop and manage an effective software engineering team. Manage an
advanced team of developers through the recruitment, mentoring, and training
to assure the correct mix of skills to meet current and future product
demands. Foster and develop effective teamwork amongst the developers as
well as their interactions with related initiatives and the business team.
- Develop, maintain and enforce software development & engineering best
practices and processes throughout a product/solutions product development
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field (Masters degree
preferred) or PMI PMP
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Proven track record in leading a Software Development team through the
entire product lifecycle.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to
project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Experience managing more than one project and driving to meet project,
budget and quality objectives.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and master our existing technology platform.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven track record in working with upper management, marketing
department, and clients to understand search related software technology
- Should possess a thorough understanding of search/database applications
and network server applications
- Experience in managing the development of applications in C++ and JAVA on
NT or UNIX platforms helpful
- Experience in software development with client side applications in HTML,
- Experience with related technologies such as XML, XSL, IIS, and SQL would
also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Experience working with remote teams a plus
- Experience working with search application is a plus
- Experience with filing patents, and related issues, a plus
This position reports directly to the CEO of Perfect Search Corporation
Must be US Citizen or Green card Holder
In person interview is required
Prefer Local Candidates *LinkedIn Jobs* • View job listing on
• Forward this job<http://www.linkedin.com/e/qONvWU9A5fX3q8LrCsl4aucWgScgFN/blk/518527519_2/0MdzgNe3wLcPgOe34UcOYOnPANdjsOdjwNdiYNcz0OcjkLpC9GbOYWrSlI/jbf/>
• Reply to Tim Stay<http://www.linkedin.com/e/qONvWU9A5fX3q8LrCsl4aucWgScgFN/blk/518527519_2/0MdzgNe3wLcPgOe34UcOYOnPANdjsOdjwNdiYNcz0OcjkLsTBObOYWrSlI/rys/>
P.S. If you cannot view the links, paste the appropriate link into your
browser: Job Listing: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vjb/512021/
This email was sent to you by Tim Stay (timstay at gmail.com) through LinkedIn
because Tim Stay thought you might be interested in this job opening or know
people who would be interested in applying.
If you wish to change how you receive future job notifications, please click
If you have any questions, please contact customer_service at linkedin.com.
(c) 2008, LinkedIn Corporation
The Social Media Guru
Author: O'Reilly's FBML Essentials
Co-Author: I'm on Facebook -- Now What???
Phone: (801) 853-8339
More information about the PLUG