Improving Spam Filtering?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:58:47 MDT 2008

Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> Have you used greylist milter or just postgrey?  I am thinking of
> adding grey listing to my server and am wondering which is the best.

I have used them both.  However, really, one is more for sendmail, and
the other one works with postfix or any other non-milter mail server.
Both were easy to setup and both functioned very similarly.  If you're
not running sendmail, I'd probably stick with postgrey.  Postfix does
have milter support now, but it's not super mature, so I don't know how
well it works with filters specifically designed for sendmail.

Michael