Ubuntu question

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:47:41 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 09:34 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> sudo su -

sudo -i

1up!

Seriously though I'm surprised at the negative tone regarding this
feature.  I love it.  One less password to remember.  One less
well-known account name for folks to hack.  No more warnings about "oh
my gosh you're logging into KDE as root!  This is a really bad idea!!!"
(Not that I'd use KDE anyway :-P).

Plus there's more accountability about who did what (who is this "root"
fella and why is he messing with my partition table?).  It's not perfect
in that regard but it's better and I like it.

- Andrew