Ubuntu command line installation + minimal X.

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Apr 7 09:13:37 MDT 2008

You don't need twm, xorg, or anything of the sort. You only need the X
libraries necessary to run an X application. If I was really helpful I
could tell you exactly what package(s) that is, but I'm not. Luckily, I
don't need to be that helpful, because apt makes up the difference.

Just install emacs22-gtk and you're done. Don't forget to specify -X
when you ssh in, if that's not the default (you can put that in
~/.ssh/config if you want).

That's it. No xorg package, no x server, no window manager. That's all
on the client side.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

     -- Johann Sebastian Bach