Improving Spam Filtering?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Apr 7 09:07:38 MDT 2008

Charles Curley wrote:

>         [127.0.0.1]); Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:03:35 -0600 (MDT)
>
> Hello! I am tired this evening. I am nice girl that would like to chat with you. Email me at Margareta at jolasite.com only, because I am using my friend's email to write this. Hope you will like my pictures.

Sounds like letting it through because it's SPF-compliant is not such a
good idea. Why am I not surprised? That's probably configurable (I use
postgrey, so I'm not sure).

OTOH, maybe she is a nice girl and you might like her pictures of ligers
and ninjas.

Also I recommend setting your timeout to something like 30 seconds. The
one disadvantage of greylisting is that when you sign up for a new
account on a website you have to wait for that email to come through.
Sometimes they have a button to resend the activation email, which will
come through after the timeout. It stinks to have to wait 5 minutes to
hit that button, but 30 seconds is almost up by the time you checked
your email, saw it wasn't there, and remembered you have greylisting.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

     -- Johann Sebastian Bach