Improving Spam Filtering?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sun Apr 6 22:02:25 MDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 04:25:05PM -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> Charles Curley wrote:
> > It may be working just fine now. From the headers of this email:

> >         (mail-ext2.chem.byu.edu [192.168.200.12]);
>
> Nope.  That's the headers from my out-going mail.

OK.

> Specifically, in the mc file, you want to do something like this:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`greylist',
> `S=local:/var/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock')

I did that. There was no socket, but the milter-greylist.conf has it
in the same place. I reloaded sendmail, saw no error messages, but
still no socket. I found the daemon startup script, ran that. I had a
few things to edit, like turning the default to 1 to turn it on.

Don't you just love well documented packages? Where they tell you what
to do in the write-up?

That done, the first email that comes through:

        [127.0.0.1]); Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:03:35 -0600 (MDT)

Hello! I am tired this evening. I am nice girl that would like to chat with you. Email me at Margareta at jolasite.com only, because I am using my friend's email to write this. Hope you will like my pictures.

Sigh.

However, some ham seems to be getting though.