Improving Spam Filtering?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sun Apr 6 06:44:31 MDT 2008

I've been running spam assassin for a long time, now 3.2.3 on Ubuntu
7.10. It seems to be letting a lot of crud through. This morning I had
more than 30 spam emails, and that's not unusual. I have a cron job
that updates it daily, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I've been using a mutt macro to run sa-learn, but some of the same
spam emails keep getting through. Does SA not learn or something?

I've been thinking about moving to another mail reader, like
Thunderbird, but that seems a bit drastic. What else can I do to
minimize spam?

Thanks