Parted on OSX Volumes?

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Fri Apr 4 11:18:21 MDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 08:39:14AM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:

> I got around the opposite problem when my volume wasn't case-sensitive and
> I needed it to be for some linux-centric OSS development. I made a disk
> image that was case sensitive and mounted it and ran everything related to
> that project from within it. Depending on just how broken this software is,
> that might be a solution for you.

By the way, I had this happen the first time I tried to clone the Linux
kernel with Git.  Iptables has a bunch of files that are the same name
with differing case.  I had thought that there was something terribly
wrong with Git; it turns out that it's really just HFS that's retarded.

Actually, the iptables people are retarded, too.  They think that it's
not a problem, because obviously no one on Mac OS X should ever need to
work on the Linux kernel.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/