Parted on OSX Volumes?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Apr 4 08:39:14 MDT 2008

Kimball Larsen wrote:
> So, I have a MacBookPro that I got last year sometime - about 10
> months or so ago.  I made the mistake of partitioning it with the
> standard OS X filesystem, journaled, case sensitive.
>
> Yesterday my shiny new copy of Photoshop Elements arrived, and I can't
> install it because my file system is case sensitive.  So, I've got to
> convert it.

I've never had trouble with my case-sensitive filesystem, so I think the
true problem is your choice of software. ;-)

I got around the opposite problem when my volume wasn't case-sensitive
and I needed it to be for some linux-centric OSS development. I made a
disk image that was case sensitive and mounted it and ran everything
related to that project from within it. Depending on just how broken
this software is, that might be a solution for you.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

     -- Johann Sebastian Bach