MythTV for iPhone

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Apr 3 14:07:20 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 13:54 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> Chris Carey wrote:
> > Are there any TV shows that are in the public domain? Ones that I
> > could record and use on my demo site safely and legally?
>
> You probably couldn't go too wrong recording a segment from some LDS
> church presentation on BYU TV.

Those are all copyrighted so you're not safe legally. Whether you'd face
prosecution or not is another story.

Check out archive.org. They've got tons of public domain video. It ain't
TV, but I bet it would work. I don't think you'll find any TV that is
public domain. You can thank the Berne convention for that.

Corey